- UNA CORDA is a series of 19 familar folk and patriotic tunes fingered to be played ALL ON ONE STRING.
- Players shift up and down the fingerboard without crossing strings and without clef changes.
- High ledger lines and spaces are avoided for now.
- In a few bass examples some string crossings are required.
- All materials are designed for use by violin, viola, cello and bass in any combination from a single player to a large string orchestra.
- Files are in pdf format which can be read by Acrobat Reader (free download) or several similar utilities.
- All instruments use high positions; no instrument has been dumbed down.
- Tunes used are familiar, public domain melodies. Learning them should be painless and enjoyable. Accompaniments in midi files are provided. These can be opened using Quicktime or Media Player. With a dedicated midi player, tempos can be altered for practice purposes
|+||plus||=||extend (vn & va)||F||phi||=||thumb (vc & cb)|
|x||letter x||=||extend (vc)||<||=||pivot forward (cb)|
|>||=||pivot backward (cb)|